Monday, February 27, 2006

Prologue to upcoming things....

My Mom says that she thinks I have changed a lot since I came to the States. She says that I seem to have become a much deeper thinker or something. (yeah,yeah, I can hear all of my friends who read this blog laughing....laugh on dudes...humph....) Of course, except for me being as careless as ever, she says. :(
Actually, I think it is these series of blogs which is to blame. I think my Mom pictures me as sitting here,growing a beard and philosophising about life,the universe and everything, with my room as dirty as a pigpen etc. etc. Well,she's wrong about everything except the room.

The thing is, as a wise person has said- " Leisure is the mother of Philosophy. " -Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, 1651
(This is becoming rather eerie...everything I do or say can be traced back to Calvin and Hobbes....my entire blog on Fight Club, my " About Me" statement, my GROSS philosophy towards girls,basically everything....I think I need to sue Bill Watterson for basing Calvin on my character....at least he can't live incognito anymore then)

Anyway,as usual, I digress. I was just saying that if you are just sitting around doing nothing, you are bound to think something and that thing gradually degrades into a jumble of senseless but impressive sounding gibberish called philosophy. Btw, I hope no one here will be cruel enough to forward this blog to my advisor. I think he already suspects that I'm not quite spending as much (or rathet,any) time on research as I'm supposed to, but to see it put in black and white on this blog might break his heart. And that might break my funding, which would be rather sad for you guys, since I won't get time to write this blog anymore,considering that I'll be washing dishes somewhere.
Ok,till now,this is one senseless blog. I'll get straight to the point I wanted to make today.
It's not just now that I have had time to think about "philosophical" things. I've always thought about them. What I want to do over my next couple fo blogs is to type up an essay I wrote a few years back and no one has seen till now for you people to read. Then, I'll write how my opinions have changed since that time,primarily because of my experiences in the US.
However, a warning-
This stuff is going to be serious and therefore extremely boring...sorry about that!!! :)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

NerdTests.com says I'm an Uber Cool High Nerd.  What are you?  Click here!